Important Interview Tips that one should remember before giving any interview.
Resume Writing Tips
- Please proofread your Document. Make sure it doesn’t have any spelling or grammatical errors and mistakes.
- Please remove that References heading which says ‘References will be furnished on requests’. It is a wastage of space on your document.
- Please don’t include you Personal information like your residential address and your NIC(National Identity Card) number.
- First of all, go and make a proper email id if you dont have one. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , These kind of email ids shows your non seriousness. Your Email id should consist of your first name and last name. for e.g. [email protected] or [email protected]
- If you have added ‘Objective’, in your document, make sure it is not copied from google. The recruiters are very smart.
- Save your document in ‘PDF’ Format and should be named as ‘FirstName LastName.pdf’ for e.g. ‘Ahmed Khan.pdf’
- Make sure you have an updated Linkedin account and mention its link in your document.
- Use Regular Fonts in your document like Arial or Times new Roman. Dont use fancy fonts like Comic Sans etc
- Try to keep your document precised. A 1 page CV is the best document. Although, upto 2 pages is OK too.
- You are going to be hired on the basis of your skills, not on the basis of how you look. So avoid adding your photograph in the document. If you still want to add it, make sure its formal.
- Please don’t add any skill that is not relevant to the job you are applying for. And don’t add any skill in which you are not good at all.
- The CV/Resume should be different for every other job that you are applying. Make sure you read the job description. Try to add the requirements on your document which are mentioned on the job advertisement.
- Do write a cover letter in the Email while sending the CV. The Cover letter should be written in the email. Don’t attach the document of the cover letter in the email. And the Subject of the email should be proper.
- Please don’t appear in the interviews unprepared! It gives a bad impression of not only yours but the institution too. Make sure you are well prepared and serious for the interview. Try to be at your best. If you want time, you can ask on email humbly from the HR to give you another date and time for the interview if its possible for them. Dont miss any interview without letting them know! the time is precious. Save the time of others and yours too.